Monday, November 3, 2008

It was Booo-riffic!!

Take a look at this! I love my monsters. Since they were little tykes (uh 'em, I mean monsters in training) my hero and I have always had fun with Halloween.
Photobucket

We loved football and we loved Halloween, so why not combine the two for fun!
They didn't look like they were all that excited about it, but hey, it was probably late and they knew I was gonna eat all the candy! LOL Not really, Destry was not yet 2 and Declan was 9 mos. Not much candy eatin' there!!

By next Halloween, Destry could tell me what he wanted to be for Halloween. I couldn't believe my ears...Really Destry??? You want to be a what??
Photobucket
Okay, okay....he really wanted to be a pumpkin! I didn't understand and my Hero was a little myphed because it was not very masculine but what do you expect? He's 3. Declan spent much of his time being a pirate. We love pirates in this house! Declan certainly had the voice down. One of his first sentences was ARRRRGGGHHH, I'm a pirate!! Too cute!

Okay, movin' on....
These pics are really old and I wanted to share them because I've been missing that stage before they became monsters. I'll share a couple more from Halloweens past and end telling you a short story from my weekend.
PhotobucketPhotobucket


The boys have always chosen what they wanted to be for Halloween and it's always been an adventure since they typically change their minds every other week. Sometimes, it was every day!! You will see a bit of a trend here until this year.

Photobucket
Photobucket


My Hero! Or should I say my heroes! Photobucket
Photobucket

And this year I was without my Hero Boo-Hoo :~( so it wasn't as fun as it could've been, but we managed to enjoy ourselves.
My next door neighbor and I had decided to do something a little different. We both decorated our yards like graveyards (not different) but decided to put a graveyard walk between the houses (very different). That way the kids didn't have to travel down one drive way and walk up another to get to each other's house. We put our make shift graveyard thoroughfare up Friday afternoon using tarp and canopies and whatever we could find. On the outside, it looked pretty hodge-podge but the kids had spooky-licious fun on the inside. It was kind of a maze on the inside. Here are some pics: By the way, the monsters have named the creepy characters that don our front yard and porch. I guess they feel akin to them....hmmmmm...fancy that.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
See, not so scary during daylight!
But this is scary no matter what light! Hi Patrick! You Prom King Zombie! Hi Sunny.. (Demon-spawn Killer of Sunshine needs no costume)! That's her registered name, we call her Sunny for short.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Okay, now for the story. Bear with me, I know this post is a long one already.
This year, the monsters chose to be anything but monsters. They chose an Army soldier and a Ring wraith (from Lord of the Rings). Okay, no problem! No changing your minds boys! So, the Ring wraith was easy, but the soldier wasn't so. Destry wanted to carry a bazooka too! What an imagination that kid has! I shopped around and couldn't find the one that he wanted that was his size and didn't look totally wimpy. And of course a bazooka isn't something the toy companies just make thousands of, right?? It came down to the wire and I was shopping on Halloween-eve so, I sent him a pic of a costume I found and he thought it was GREAT! I couldn't believe his reaction. Didn't think he'd like it. But he was actually excited about it! Of course it's not a pumpkin.....ha ha ha ha ha! But it was orange! See for yourself...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Okay, I'm terrified y'all. This kid actually LIKED being someone who "Got Busted" for that is what is written on his back. And that is the name of the costume! And what's with the ghetto-fied jailhouse pose?? I'm gonna pull my hair out! He refused to let me make him look older with a beard and mustache and barely agreed to the dirt on his face. He wanted to carry a gun so he can say he was an Escaped Convict. He also told me that he didn't want to be an old man in jail because he wanted people to think he did something really bad to get in jail! Okay....I'm trading this kid in for a new one! WHAT???? I quickly told him that kids his age don't go to jail and he piped back, "No Mom, they go to Juvie!" I spent the next 20 minutes lecturing to this kid and finally let him go on his merry way. I told him that the whole scenario was not cute and he agreed and reminded me that it was just pretend. Should I worry folks? I dunno...I guess monsters are truly scary, especially at Halloween.

Leaving you with some pics from decorations at my job. Our department won the decorating contest! Yippee!!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Halloween was great! Can't wait to decorate for Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed every bit of this. Your right Destry it's only pretend. Declan way coolllllll.Trieva I believe they get there imagination from you.

Love ya Mom