Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time Out for a Laugh

Hey,

Sorry, tried the once a week thing, but I couldn't hang. This too, I'm afraid will be short and tragically not completely accurate. See, my most awesomest buddy, Chris, called me this evening to share in a truly belly-aching-full-of-laughter story. Let me preface her story by saying that she has 4 boys, a husband, some fish, possibly a hamster and 2 dogs. The dogs, Chance a black lab and Samantha (Sammie) a golden retriever, are great companions for the whole family.

I did say that this was going to be short, so I'll just jump right in. Chris proceeds to tell me that her day started off just wonderful by child #2 telling her that Chance is on Sammie. She explains to me that Sammie is in heat and has been pestering Chance. She then tells child #2 not to worry about it and that this is normal, Sammie is in heat. At some point, while trying to finish getting ready for work and kids off to school she notices that said dogs are walking side by side. "Joined at the hip" I believe she says.

She continues to notice that wherever one dog is going, the other is right beside them. Double take...What? I'm sure she's thinking, "What?" "Am I seeing things?" She concludes that the dogs are indeed stuck. Okay what to do.....what to do? Her husband tells her that a cold shower with the hose should do the trick to calm Chance down. Chris says that it's thirty something degrees outside and that's just NOT an option.

I'm laughing in near hysterics at this point. I believe I started when she said something about them being joined at the hip. The picture in my mind was that of something you might find on The Simpsons. While Chris is refusing even toying with the idea of an indoor shower with the dogs (she's trying to get to work here!) Child #3 is on the floor underneath the dogs trying to get a closer look at what's "really going on" to see if he could help out with the situation. I'm nearly peeing myself at this point!

With the situation not getting better with each passing second, Chris decides to just help things along by grabbing them by the hips and parting the sea with a wee bit of force. With a slight little yelp, they are stuck no more! Voila! She saves the day!

I was lucky I was on my way to the bathroom when she tells me what happened next. After all was said and done, Child #3 (the one doing the inspection from the floor) concluded, "Their tails must have been tied together!" Child #4 says, "Yeah, double knots!"

Okay, I lost it. I was very happy to find the toilet. I needed that. I had no idea how Chris made it through the day without busting out in laughter at the mere thought of her morning. I know that it's 12 a.m. and I'm still living her promise to make me have some belly-aching-laughter. Thanks Chris! Love ya!

side note*** One day, when I get her permission, I'm going to share a pic of my pseudo-family of 13 years. Or maybe just one of my bff Chris. There are many stories to tell. How could there not be, my monsters, her four boys, and two dogs and my crazy dog Sunny...... Soooooooo much material there.................good times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was so funny..out of the mouth of babes.

love ya!

Mom