Saturday, October 11, 2008

Budding Photographer??? I think NOT!

I love my two monsters. Words cannot describe the emotions and thoughts that go through my mind and heart each time they do something warm, thoughtful, moving and most often obnoxious. They are 100% boys (monsters) and at times, they never let me forget!

Two weeks ago, I did some minor landscaping in front of the house. With all of the digging and weeding, I came across one of these.

Photobucket


A skink. This of course is NOT the actual one, but I did try to get the pic because it was WAY cooler! It had thicker stripes of orange and silver on the sides as well. Kind of like racing stripes. It looked like it could be a mascot for some college football team. Very cool looking...and scary!

See, Destry was outside and caught a glimpse of this creature and I told him to run in the house and grab my camera. Of course when he got back, it hid underneath some of the leaves and dirt and dug itself as deep as possible into my soon to be home of some white azaleas.

I, being of not so sound mind and body, decided to dig it out with my gloved hand and with my face about two feet away as I was leaning against the house with my other hand. Bad idea. It jumped out at me, came within inches of my nose and proceeded to climb up the front of the house!

I nearly lost my balance and screamed sending Destry into a fit of laughter. I was a bit angry (read embarrassed) and I tried to scare the stupid, ugly lizard out from underneath the siding where he was seeking refuge. Banging on it like an crazed lunatic, I was telling Destry that I was trying to scare it out, but in actuality, I was hoping to squish the crap out of it! I know, sadistic as it may sound, I wasn't REALLY hoping that it would meet its demise, but it was sort of comforting to my ego nontheless.

Long story short: I ran in the house shortly after, frustrated and ready to watch some football. Destry had the camera and he was disappointed that he didn't get to take a picture of the skink.

He came back in the house about 40 minutes later with some photos.

I will tell you this. I was rather impressed by some of his pics because a couple were actually pretty good for someone who is new to digital cameras. I could not put all of his pictures here. Why? Well, lets just say he had to write 35 times "I will not _____ _____ in public." Yeah.....fill in the blanks.... he did it. Boys will be boys. Enjoy!












Oh wait there's more!









Let's see if I can give you the run down...

That's Jackson, the next door neighbor, Patrick (our Au Pair), the back of the car, Sunny, Destry's IN YOUR FACE impersonation of Gilbert Gottfried, doggie doo, more of Jackson in various stages of Jackson-ness, neighbor's lopsided post, (I don't know why that was picture-worthy), the side of our house, the sky......

Destry touching the sky, Destry on our tractor, and then beginning of several self portraits that MUST end here....

Jackson's house and dog, their grass, our house, the neighbors across the street (he came to Patrick's rescue that awful night......from previous post in Aug), more neighbor kids, and a not too shabby action foto of Jack's sister rollerblading.

I will leave you with this. When Destry brought me back my camera, I glanced at his pics while he was standing next to me. I came across those self portraits I dare not share. I asked him, "What in the world were you thinking?" His reply? "Mom, I didn't think they would be in the memory."
"Oh, so I guess you just thought they would vanish into thin air?........yeah right."

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
So funny I can imagine what he did,the pictures did come out good.Destry way cool.

Love You Mom