Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm Slow to Catch Up & Another Year Bites the Dust

This is gonna be a short blog (maybe). My thunder was taken and now I must be clever as to not repeat what you may have already read. Celebrated a birthday and I'm not exactly happy about it, but what can you do? You gripe and complain that things aren't the way they used to be, parts certainly don't sit where they used to and life just gets faster and faster as we move slower, never catching up.

I begrudgingly agreed to a party and was never really excited about it. The day came and went and now I'm just pleased as peach pie (sorta) that my sister talked me into it. She put in a lot of work, my other sister Keena busted her butt and made a delicious cake where the cake topper played an awesome song. Amber knew me well enough to pick the right topper with the right song.



Photobucket


Check out the song and this awesome video I found to go with it! She's a doll! I told everyone at the party that they had to dance to the Palm Tree Cake Topper in order to get some cake. I wish I had video, it was funny seeing everyone do a little dance and shake....









I have to admit, this was WAY cuter than some of the people dancing at the party!

Okay, so the food was good, the company was great (didn't know half of them..thanks Dad!) and they were genuinely good people and made the affair a HUGE success, minus the rain. Ya know, I coped with this shin-dig by looking at it as a fundraising event to get a Pilates Reformer. This is what I want!
Photobucket

I need a contraption like this to get ready for something big! I don't want to spoil the surprise, but getting in shape is my main objective. I'll give you a hint why this machine is important besides maintaining a relatively athletic physique.....I want the look! *wink, wink*



Here are a few pics from the party...



My Mom and her good friend Marla - See where I get my looks? - Me neither! Just kidding Mom. LoVe YoU!!



Photobucket

My Beloved Thing 1 and Myself



Photobucket


Oh, by the way. No one could say the word "birthday" or the age (it was a game)
What's that they're holding???? Awwww....Gotcha!!
Photobucket

Crazy Lush Divas!!
Photobucket

All the celebs made it to my party! Hey Look! It's Weird Al Yankovich!



Photobucket

My dearest Colleen (Ling-Ling) and me!

Photobucket


And to prove we did NOT discriminate...crazy folk were allowed in too! LOL Just Kidding! I love my Fam!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Even Sunny got dressed up!

Photobucket
Photobucket
This was the only pic of my Dad, (the handsome fellow on the left, next to Weird Al). He was running around all day trying to make sure there were no loose ends and people were going to enjoy themselves. Thanks Dad!


All in all it was a fun day. Thank you my dearest sister Amber for convincing me into thinking it would be fun, (it was). Your hard work and love for me, the hero and monsters is evident by putting together this party! Keena, I know you were not looking forward to making this cake, but I am so happy you did and very grateful! It was too kewl!! (I should post a couple of pics from her cakes, they were awesome!) Thanks, Mom and Dad, you guys rock! Nuff said...

Well except for the latest and effortless comedic growlings from the monsters:

I walk into their bedroom to kiss the boys good night and they are having the oddest conversation.











Declan: I think I might be a sumo wrestler when I grow up (imagine Declan wearing only his underwear, hiking up his boxers and giving himself the ultimate wedgie with both butt cheeks exposed and turning around to look at them to make sure he's got it right) Destry follows suit and chuckles.











Destry: Oh yeah?? (He checks his underwear too making sure they are perfectly placed)











Declan: Yeah, but I don't think it would work because you have to be fat and have long hair and wear it in a pony-tail. (He makes an imaginary pony-tail behind his head trying to pull his very short hair back with his hands)











Destry: (with his ultimate wedgie) sighs and says as he winces and hikes it further....This is really uncomfortable....











Declan: I think I'm gonna sleep like this.











Me: Really? All night?











Declan: Yeah, I kinda like it. Fighting like this would be cool.











I know he was probably getting in the mode and setting the stage so he can dream tonight of one day being a Sumo wrestler. But, oh my....please don't tell anyone....











As hysterical as watching this was, I cannot post any picture because I would like to remain respectable, moral and clear of any child endangerment charges. I'm sure you understand. Gnite!































2 comments:

Amber said...

The boys are crazy...there is nothing else to say other than that!

I also liked the Weird Al comment. You should send that to Len and see what he says...

Anonymous said...

The party turned out to be a great one..seems like everyone enjoyed themselves..What do you mean..If you look close enough I see a likeness.

Love Much :o)

Mom