Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Crazy Week!

Okay, Not too much going on here but I've decided (for now) to be a once a week blogger. It's not that I have WAY more important things to do, its just that I'm a terrible organizer and when things pile up, I lose objectivity, patience, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize.

Since my last visit, I've managed to spend the rest of my mad money (on the DOG!), clean out a storage area, miss a doctor's appt for my yearly physical, ruin a $45 dollar hat, mow half my my lawn before being caught in the rain, locate a missing hard drive that was about to be wiped (had very important info), meet up and have dinner with a friend I haven't seen in five years, refrain from eating the best smelling french fries (I'm in withdrawal and I'll explain later) when they were right in front of my face, start a vacation photo book for the monsters, sell some items on Lejeune Yard Sales (it was awesome!) take some cool pics of the crazy beast, take in a movie with the fam (Journey to the Center of the Earth) and welcome home my hero for another 4.5 day stint! WHEW! And that's only half of it!

I'm trying to sell the monster's old bicycles, this one has only been ridden three times! It's the coolest thing ever! How can any kid NOT like this bike? It was even in a movie!! Too bad he didn't like it much. He's weird. Must take after his Auntie Keena (ha ha JK, I love ya!)

Speaking of cool. Gotta a quick story.
My dearest sister called (while I'm waiting in the car for Michael to pick up some beer, gotta have beer) to tell me the headcount for my party coming up in a couple of weeks, it's **51** WHAT??!! Okay, that's a cool number, but Good Nite! Do I know that many people? When my husband heard the news he replied "Good, then I don't have to miss work!" Very funny baby! Gotta love'em! He is the jokester!
So, anyway, my sister proceeds to tell me that Dave (her hubby) said that if the party is a flop we can all just go see the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight." I laugh and Amber said "Yeah, all 51 people show up to watch the movie." I replied, "No, just the cool people....like us." We chat a little more about the party and some props including the infamous karaoke machine so I can render my most faved selection, "Purple Rain." At Amber's Halloween party in '05, that was the night I'll never forget, but probably should. Good times.

So, later that evening at home I'm eating with the fam and Thing 1 (Destry) asks me, "Mom, am I cool?" I give him an inquisitive look cuz I had no idea why he was asking me, and being the supportive and encouraging Mom that I try to be, I smiled and said, "You, are most definitely, cool!" He then said, "Good, then I'm going to see Batman!" I laughed and said, Oh, listening to my conversation were you?" You just never know.

So, I've attached the cool pics of the bike and of the crazy beast. The monsters and beast take up my time. But it's quite alright, because what other cool job is there?? If you find one, lemme know. " -)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Very funny! Ahhh, Purple rain...if I were only able to remember that night and not just hear about it later.

Anonymous said...

It was nice of you to lie to Destry and tell him he is cool. I understand that dilemma as I have to lie to Amber and tell her that she is cool most every day.

Dave