Saturday, March 27, 2010

Claire Huxtable Revisited....

It has been almost a year since updating my blog... Yeah, so what, I'm lame AND very busy. Just had to share this one story that reminded me that blogging can be fun.

So, last week Sunday shortly after my hero arrived back in the Carolinas, we were rudely interrupted by a "Mom! I need to eat!" through my bedroom door. I chuckled at first because this child had no idea what was in store.


I gave him a talkin' to about how he shouldn't be addressing his mother in a disrespectful and demanding tone. And that if he's old enough to decide what he would like to eat, then he's certainly old enough to fix his OWN lunch or snack and doesn't need to depend on his Mama for EVERYTHING!!

skip forward 6 days (today)...

I'm on the computer, researching why neither of the monster's iPods are not working. I've been tech-ed out for the last two and half hours on this stuff! This time in the midst of all my frustrations with Apple, Dell and CNET techies, I hear...."Mom! I'm hungry!!"

And it was a flashback all over again! Oh good lord I didn't hear some child demand I come to his rescue to beat down the hunger beast in his belly....Did I????

I quickly rose to my feet, trotted myself to the kitchen where he stood and I just glared at Thing 2 like he just ate MY lunch (lol).

Thing 1 says: Uh, I just got in trouble for talking to Mom and saying the same thing.
Me: What did you just say to me?
Thing 2: Mom? I'm hungry????

Now he could see from the look on my face that I was NOT happy. Yeah, I let him have it. He knew better. He quickly remembered that he was perfectly capable of making himself a sandwhich or grab a lunchable or heat up left overs out of the fridge.
I was Claire....again. I'm posting the clip again from a previous blog. I swear.....One day, these monsters I love so much will catch on eventually.

No comments: