Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm So Excited!!!!

Okay, so I come home from work (not as late as I have been) and I go check the mail...Wow! Tons of it there! As I sift through it pulling it out of the mailbox one at a time, I see a letter from West Virginia University. I applied to their Master's program in OT this year....it's been a doozey of an application process! Let me tell ya!

So of course this is like the third of seven pieces of mail that I pull out of the mail box and I'm anxious and scared at the same time to finish getting the rest of the mail before opening the letter. I fumble through to find it and begin worrying that they are just thanking me for applying. I turn it over, open the envelope and then pull out the letter (two pages). If I had a thought bubble, you would see.....Gee, how bad is it when they need two pages to tell you you are lame and are being royally rejected? LOL!

I open the pages to see CONGRATULATIONS! You have......and that's all I needed. I didn't bother reading anything else. I just did a little dance in my driveway and ran around in circles and contemplated running next door to tell my neighbor's Dad the good news since he witnessed me acting like a complete moron in the driveway.

I immediately called my hero because I just couldn't wait until he was finished watching his movie that had just started. Too bad! He was just going to have to be one of those people who talked on the phone during the movie! It was such good news! I proceeded to call my boss who had written a letter of recommendation for me and thanked him so much for all of his support.

I of course then called my sister Amber. Cuz afterall, it's her house I'll be crashing each weekend I'm up there! By the time she answered the phone I had made my way into the house. I had just hung up with her not 15 minutes prior, so she had to be wondering what the deal was. I started tell her just as Destry greeted me with a hug and a smile.

I said to Amber, "Hey, I got accepted to WVU! I'm so excited!" Destry is right in front of me just about to hug me when he says, "Mom. you're spitting in my face!" Of course Amber could hear and she started cracking up and so did I. I really lost it....too funny! If you could imagine what someone looks like when someone else might be getting ready to shoot them with a small water gun and fires off one or two sprays. That's what Destry looked like! I laughed so hard! I apologized and told him that that's what happens when you're tall enough headbutt someone in the mouth!

My lil' Sis was excited for me and I could even hear Dave in the background sounding happy for me. What a great day with a touch of comedy! I wish I had a few pics to share or even a video of it, you would've died laughing too!

In honor of what will soon be my alma mater....I will put up a couple of logos and pics. I hope you don't mind me sharing a pic Amber. If so, I'll take it down...but it's just so cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Go Big East!!
(sorry Honey, I really mean to say go big ten)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is monm amd dad we are very proud of you..We know you will do well.

Love ya!